Tuesday, September 8, 2009

One More Docking Story

This weekend (Labor Day) we went first to Blake Island and then down to Gig Harbor. Lots of rain, but the seas were mostly calm and we had a blast.

When we came home, it was my turn to dock the boat. I had to abort my first pass, but came in perfectly on the second, backed her right up into the slip, gave her a little burst of forward to bring her to exactly the right spot and hopped off the boat to grab a line.

And realized I had left the boat in forward, and she was leaving the dock!

Fortunately, I was able to jump back on the boat and put her in neutral.

Meanwhile, Nan had been in the stern of the boat, preparing to put one of the stern dock lines on when suddenly she found herself trying to stop the motion of a 9 ton vessel. Guess who won. She gave it a valiant effort. One of her arms is now significantly longer than the other.

Another picture perfect ending ruined by stupidity.

Nan asked me, "Are you going to put this story on the blog?" Here it is: warts and all

No comments:

Post a Comment